With so many options in Woodinville to taste, dine, and see it can be hard to know where to start. Zach Geballe is the wine educator for the Tom Douglas group, a freelance wine and spirits writer, and the host of the wine-focused podcast Disgorged. Check out this itinerary for what Geballe would do for a day in Woodinville Wine Country.
Name: Zach Geballe
- Job Title, Company: Wine Educator, Tom Douglas Restaurants
- Current Location: Seattle
- Favorite Varietal: Syrah
- Cocktail of Choice: Boulevardier
- Favorite Events in Woodinville: Riesling Rendezvous (when it happens), Auction of WA Wines
- Favorite Restaurant(s) in Woodinville: Barking Frog, Hollywood Tavern
- Favorite Tasting Rooms in Woodinville: Two Vintners/Covington Cellars, Chateau Ste. Michelle, Novelty Hill-Januik.
- Favorite Non-Wine Activities in Woodinville: Picnicking at Wilmot-Gateway Park
- If you only had one day to spend in Woodinville, what would you do?
- Morning: Wake up at 10:00 am, then take down a triple fruit waffle at the Woodinville Cafe.
- Afternoon: Wine tasting at Chateau Ste. Michelle and Novelty Hill-Januik, where between the two you can taste wine from almost every corner of Washington, from almost every variety grown in the state.
- Evening: Dinner at the Herbfarm, because if you’ve only got one day, you better make the most of it.
What of Geballe’s favorites are also your favorite or on your must-try list? Let us help you plan your next visit to Woodinville by signing up for our newsletter, checking out events on our online calendar, or let us curate a tasting itinerary for you by purchasing one of the Woodinville Wine passes.