Current Job Opportunities at Woodinville Wineries, Breweries and Distilleries
Job Title: Tasting Room Associate
Company Name: The Bunnell Family Cellar
Company Address: 19501 144th Ave NE, Suite C-800 Woodinville
Contact: Erika Secord
Looking for the perfect person to join our tasting room team.
Bunnell Family Cellar, an award winning winery with a tasting room in the Warehouse District of Woodinville, is seeking a part time Tasting Room Associate. We are looking for a person with wine knowledge, an interest in food, some basic knife skills for kitchen help, and excellent customer service. The person we’re looking for should be a student at heart, eager to increase their wine knowledge and share it with our customers.
We’re looking for someone to work occasional Saturdays and Sundays in the tasting room, some occasional onsite and offsite events, and assist our chef with food preparation and service.
The person we hire should:
• Have a passion for wine with strong knowledge and the desire to continue learning.
• Have a MAST permit, be over the age of 21 and be authorized to work in the United States.
• Have a food handlers permit.
• Have basic knife and food preparation skills.
• Be reliable and diligent. Be able to take direction and work independently or with a team.
• Have a knowledge of basic computer programs: Excel, Word and the rest. An ability to navigate in Orderport point of sale system is a must.
• Be adaptable, patient and flexible.
• Position will include weekends and occasional evenings.
• Be able to carry 50 pounds (a case of wine)
• Ability to stand on one’s feed for extended periods.
• 1 year previous tasting room experience preferred.
Hiring Manager Contact Information (Where to Send/Email Resume) *
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Bookkeeper/ Accountant
Company Name: Brian Carter Cellars
Company Address: 14419 Woodinville Redmond Rd
Woodinville, WA 98072
Send Resume: email@example.com
Brian Carter Cellars, a small super premium winery in Woodinville Washington is looking for a full-time bookkeeper/accountant. You would be part of a half a dozen full-time employees. Responsibilities include payroll, invoicing, accounts receivable, cost of goods and financial reports and compliance. Familiarity with QuickBooks required. Winery experience preferred. Knowledge of Wine Direct POS system a bonus. 2015 Winery of the Year.
Job Description: Position/Title: Sales and Marketing Manager
Company: Long Cellars
Job Location: Woodinville, WA
Job Category: Sales and Marketing
Type of Work: Part time (15 – 25 hours per week)
Hiring Manager: Jason Long
Email Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
19510 144th Ave NE Suite A-6
Woodinville, WA 98072
The Sales and Marketing Manager is a seasoned wine professional who plays a key role in the sales, planning and execution of ideas, programs, events and promotions. This person has strong relationships with the wine trade community, and is able to build new relationships and ideas for Long Cellars. This person is a highly motivated and creative professional who doesn’t back down from any challenge.
Working closely with the owner/winemaker, this position will play a key role in inside/outside sales, distribution, promotion, marketing/business development, warehouse/inventory management, financial analysis, cellar management, and additional programs and events as needed.
• General (2-4 hours per week)
o Report all sales and marketing occurrences to owners
o Assist owners with social media, website maintenance, and monthly emails
o Assist owners with billing, invoicing, branding, and POS system as needed
o Assist owners with short and long-term business development and marketing strategies
o Establish and maintain goals and objectives for individuals and the winery
o Play an active role in managing creative and graphic elements of Long Cellars marketing
o Represent Long Cellars in a highly professional manner at all times.
• Inside sales (8-12 hours per week)
o General management of the tasting room
o Coordination of staff/volunteers for regular shifts and special events
o Coordination and promotion of private events and tour groups
o Management of the Wine Club
o Co-market with neighboring wineries that have similar interests
• Outside sales (8 – 10 hours per month)
o Manage Sales Agents in all regions, including coordination of invoicing, inventory, marketing needs, and pouring at ”featured winery” events
o Distribute wine to Long Cellars accounts
o Coordinate decisions on pouring events, festivals, charitable events, winemaker dinners, and any other special events
o Coordinate wine submissions to Wine Advocate, Wine Enthusiast, Wine Spectator, and other similar award agents.
• Four years of professional experience in the wine industry
• Strong relationships with the on- and off-premise wine trade community
• Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) and/or 5 year minimum background in marketing and business development
• High level of comfort with and understanding of modern technology
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, web based systems, Adobe Creative Suite, Square Up
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Keen attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize work within deadlines
• Must have reliable transportation w/insurance, own cell phone, computer, printer and able to lift a case of wine (approx. 40 lbs.)
• Knowledgeable and passionate about Washington wines
• Experience in forming relationships with current and potential clients
• Must possess a current and valid driver’s license