Historic Front Street/Old Town
In 1887 the Seattle Lake Shore and Eastern Railroad reached Woodinville and a depot was built along Front Street. Soon this would become the commercial center of Woodinville. Businesses operating here included stores, restaurants, hotels, saloons, blacksmith shops, automotive garages, a school desk factory and the Foresters Lodge. The photo above shows what was John DeYoung’s Woodinville Mercantile. The right portion of the building was built in 1927. DeYoung enlarged the structure in 1934, and the portion at left became the community’s first stand-alone post office.