Jaine Cottage in Woodinville is now open for tastings! They are centrally located in Woodinville Wine Country, a 20-minute drive from Seattle, WA. Visit them for a tasting or to pick up some of their wines to enjoy in the comfort of your home.
Jaine is a toast to life’s most beautiful moments. Capturing the essence of a single vineyard, Jaine aims to showcase the place, vintage, and dynamic tension unique to white wines and rosés from Washington State. Each wine is hand-harvested from sustainable sites and crafted with minimal intervention. This elegant yet effortless approach to winemaking honors all women, cherishing simple pleasures and everyday gatherings with family and friends. With every glass of Jaine, they invite you to do the same.
We cannot express how gorgeous Jaine Cottage is. It is the perfect place to gather with a small group of your closest friends or share a more intimate experience with a loved one.
Jaine Cottage has indoor seating as well as a tent and outdoor deck with heaters.
The location of Jaine Cottage gives you several options in regards to ordering food from a neighboring restaurant: Purple Café, The Commons, Heritage Restaurant + Bar, Village Wines, and more. They encourage you to bring your takeout order in to enjoy!
LET’S TALK WINE
Jaine is an anytime wine. Light and refreshing, these whites and rosés have a lower alcohol content that lends well to mellow sipping at weekend gatherings. Jaine’s crisp, bright notes play harmoniously with plant-based dishes and market fresh fare. Crafted from single-vineyard sites in the Yakima Valley and Royal Slope of Washington State, each vintage is made from a limited supply of hand-picked grapes—thoughtfully produced using sustainable farming practices and minimal intervention. This approach gives Jaine a medium-bodied ease that is tasted in every balanced pour and smooth, friendly sip.
~ Written by Amber Schmitt, Marketing Director of Woodinville Wine Country
Jaine Cottage is located off of Redmond Woodinville Road and right in the heart of the Hollywood District. You might be familiar with the space as it was formally occupied by DeLille Cellars’ Carriage House. The tasting room boasts new life and has totally been transformed into a white wine paradise.
*Reservations are strongly encouraged and can be made via OpenTable. You can also pop in without a reservation and if there are any availabilities, they will happily seat you.
Jaine Cottage is a picture perfect experience. It was hard to not immediately start snapping photos of their space before I was even seated. I visited the tasting room by myself, but can only imagine the countless photo ops for a group of friends. That being said, I encourage you to grab a few of your closet gal pals or fellow wine lovers to make a reservation at Jaine this coming week.
I was greeted by their tasting room team and was quickly tasked with a very hard decision… Where do I want to sit? I was tempted to venture outside as Jaine offers blankets for their outdoor guests (so fun). However, in typical Woodinville fashion, it was raining and not ideal for patio sipping so I chose to sit inside. Some extra comfy chairs located under a large gallery wall were calling my name…
Jaine offers a few different flight options for their guests.
- $15 tasting of 4 wines (Jaine + Matthews only) | Refundable with any bottle purchase
- $20 tasting of 5 wines | Refundable with purchase of $30 or more
Given it was my first time at Jaine Cottage, I chose the tasting of 4 wines with a focus on Jaine. Keep reading below for the wines I chose and some tasting notes:
- 2019 Jaine Sauvignon Blanc: 100% Sauvignon Blanc. Crafted exclusively from one small vineyard parcel in the Columbia Valley– Bacchus. Being an older vineyard, combined with youthful picking, allowed for more development of this wine at an earlier stage. Hand-harvested early in the morning of August 22nd, 2019 resulted in the grapes maintaining their aromatic freshness and bright acidity.
“Intense aromas of goose-berry, lime, citrus blossoms, chalky minerals and lychee. Swirling adds dehydrated citrus peel, under ripe white peach with fresh herbs. The palate is glassy in texture, with vibrant acidity.”
- 2019 Jaine Chardonnay: 100% Chardonnay. Crafted exclusively from one of the most highly regarded and recognized Chardonnay sites in Washington state – Conner Lee. Kept exclusively in tanks to maintain freshness and verve, this may be the only or one of the only unoaked chardonnays from Connor Lee.
“Bright notes of fresh peach, nectarine, white tea and citrus blossoms. Swirling adds a hint of lime and chalky minerality. The palate is round and glassy with a complex blend of warm citrus, stone fruits and lychee .”
- 2019 Jaine Rosé: 100% Grenache. Crafted exclusively from one small vineyard parcel in the Columbia Valley – Thunderstone, whose Perrin family Tablas Creek Clone vines were planted and grown specifically to exude Rosé. The grapes were hand-harvested early in the evening of October 4th, 2019, and then de-stemmed and macerated for 24 hours before whole cluster pressing. Over the course of 8 months, this Rose’ was individually evaluated over 40 times by our winemaking team, and finally bottled with a light fining and filtration on August 3, 2020.
“Rose water, watermelon rind and dehydrated strawberries. Some air adds crystallized peaches, spring flowers and a chalky background. The palate has sweet stone fruits a hint of tart red berries and potpourri.”
- 2018 Matthews Cabernet Sauvignon: I was recently at Matthews Winery and have become very familiar with their Cuvée and Claret so it was an easy decision to try out their Cabernet Sauvignon. The 2018 Matthews Cabernet Sauvignon comes from several small vineyard parcels within three AVAs: Columbia Valley, Red Mountain, and Walla Walla Valley. As far as tasting notes go -Black currants, plum jam, vanilla, and cassis. With air, swirling brings dark baking spices.
The tasting room staff is quick and very observant. If you are looking to plan multiple stops in a day I would recommend 45 minutes to an hour at each location.
If you also appreciate a well rounded tasting room ambiance, the music playlist was perfect for this space. I know that sounds silly but it was one of the things I noticed almost immediately. Being the forward person I am, I had to ask details. John Mayer radio everyone- you are welcome. 😉
*Insider note: This tasting room will always feature all Jaine wines, but in addition, also a few Matthews and Tenor wines. Later this year they will also be releasing an elevated series of Jaine wines that will be labeled “cottage reserve.” Keep a look out for those in the future! They are very excited to be one of the few, if not the only, WA brands to feature only whites, roses and bubbles.
I highly recommend you stop by Jaine for a white wine experience unlike many others. If you are still curious to know more –>