The 15th annual St. Nick’s Winery Open House is a Woodinville tradition that brings hundreds of wine lovers to enjoy the festive flavors of Washington wines in one fabulous weekend. Once you’ve purchased your tickets for the day or the whole weekend, a little pre-planning will be a big help in making the most of your time to taste. Here are some suggestions for success as you navigate your way through Woodinville Wine Country during the St. Nick’s Open House.
- Appoint a designated driver. Drivers who aren’t drinking will be admitted into the tasting rooms for free and can enjoy non-alcoholic drinks and complimentary snacks throughout the day.
- If you’re using a ridesharing service, ask your driver to wait while you check in at the Woodinville Visitor Center to get your tickets and glasses. Then you’ll still have transportation available to your first tasting room.
- Or you can take advantage of our early check-in on Thursday, November 30, from 11:00 am – 3:00 pm at the Woodinville Visitor Center. You will be able to pick up your tickets and glasses ahead of time so you’re ready to go for the weekend.
- Figure out which restaurant you will want to stop at and make reservations if possible. You can get a complete list of our partner restaurants and their contact information here: https://woodinvillewinecountry.com/dine/
- You can turn the weekend into a staycation when you book an overnight stay through Explore Bothell here: http://www.explorebothell.com/wine-country-partnership
- Budget for some holiday shopping during your tastings. Many of the wineries have unique treats and accessories available in the tasting rooms. And of course, a bottle of wine or a wine club membership is always an appreciated gift!
- Be sure to dress for the weather and a bit of walking. While many of the tasting rooms are relatively close to each other, you still may want to skip the stilettos and grab an overcoat, just in case.
- Charge your phone and be prepared to take pictures. You can check in on social media at each winery and don’t forget to tag Woodinville Wine Country!